Laptop Problem

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi guys, I have an Acer Aspire 4820 laptop. A while ago it stopped working and I have gone to turn it on and there is a black screen after it gives you the option to go into the bios. It won't show the windows 7 loading screen. I've checked in the boot order in the bios to make sure the hard drive is set to boot first and it is.

Specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
4GB DDR3 Ram
500GB HDD
Intel Core i3-350M CPU @ 2.26GHz
Intel HD Graphics

Hi guys, I have an Acer Aspire 4820 laptop. A while ago it stopped working and I have gone to turn it on and there is a black screen after it gives you the option to go into the bios. It won't show the windows 7 loading screen. I've checked in the boot order in the bios to make sure the hard drive is set to boot first and it is.

Specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
4GB DDR3 Ram
500GB HDD
Intel Core i3-350M CPU @ 2.26GHz
Intel HD Graphics

Have you tried booting from a Linux CD and checking if your hard drive is still accessible?

Have you tried booting from a Linux CD and checking if your hard drive is still accessible?

I doubt this would be an issue since it would just report no boot files found; plus you can tell by checking the activity light anyway.

I'd check the RAM, as if there's a fault with that then you normally just get a blank screen like you describe. Try swapping your ram around, taking out out etc...

Had the same problem on a desktop all I did was remove the ram and reinstalled it and it worked.

Had the same problem on a desktop all I did was remove the ram and reinstalled it and it worked.

So I took one stick of ram out at a time and a message appeared
A disk read error has occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt=Del to restart
, So my hard drive is failing. As this laptop is a rental and we have 2-3 months until we own it, I'll take it in and have it sent off to be repaired.

If it was new in the box they'll most likely RMA it. If used when you got it ask for a new one still in the box. Since you're renting to own and paying 2 to 3 times what it's really worth, make em jump through a few hoops for you.

If it was new in the box they'll most likely RMA it. If used when you got it ask for a new one still in the box. Since you're renting to own and paying 2 to 3 times what it's really worth, make em jump through a few hoops for you.

We've had it for the last 2-3 years and its 2nd or 3rd we've had to take it back. I doubt that they'd give a new one as I don't think they offer that model anymore..

Back
Top Bottom