Laptop not working on Win 7 Homegroup

Maineman

Solid State Member
I have a Win 7 Pro homegroup set up with my two desktops. Everything works fine. Can not get my Win 7 Home Premium laptop. Network discovery is on. Any thoughts?

Make sure the IP Address is set to DHCP and that the Network is set to a home network. You can do this in the Network and Sharing snap in. If it's set to a Work network, click on that and change it to a home network. You can't change it to a home network though if the IP address is manually set.

Thank you. I went to network settings and mapped the network. All 3 computers show up. Get 3 IP addresses for each computer, a IPv4, IPv6 and a MAC. None are DHCP. Both desktops share info but laptop does not. All computers get online through same Cisco router.

Question - How do I change IP address? Can I change computer name? Even though the IP address are different, the name of one desktop and the laptop are the same. Makes knowing which computer you are looking at difficult with out checking the IP address.

Any thoughts?

i also faced the same issues which you are facing and my friend told me about "ijinni technician" i contacted them at WWW dot ijinni dot COM.any issues. just open the website and you can chat with the experts who are Microsoft certified technicians and will fix the issue itself on the spot or u can call them through Skype or contact and for more visit their website as it is very user friendly website. just click on the chat as the response rate will be very fast from them and they have fixed my issues in no time.

Back
Top Bottom