Laptop getting older and needing maintenance

ohdearme

Solid State Member
Hello, I have just had some good advice on this forum for cleaning my old laptop and now I would like to get rid of old files, registry stuff (whatever that means) deal with slow running and need to know what to do.

Also please, to get rid of the problem of my laptop computer going to sleep
without my permission!

Regards

Try :
Disk cleanup
Disk defragmentation
Ccleaner - for registry cleanup

If that didn't speed up a bit time to either upgrade
RAM or
Hard Drive

Before you upgrade run malware bytes to see if you have any virus that is slowing down your pc.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Got to power and sleep settings and change sleep option to never. This is if you are using windows 10.

All these people telling you to buy a stupidly expensive Macintosh,something only a very small minority of the computer using world actually uses. they are a laugh a minute.

Anyway the biggest, by far, aquisition you can make for any old computer, other than buying a new one or using Linus, nearly as bad as using Apple software, is to put an SSD in. I know you are not particulary computer tech aware but it's all up there on the web for you to find out about. Cloning hard drives is relatively easy (Macrium reflect is free and does the job). An SSD does make a hugely significant difference to the speed and useability of older computers.

Back
Top Bottom