Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Laptop Asus x550c the keyboard and touch pad are not working

Hi guys;My Brother-in laws Laptop Asus x550c the keyboard and touch pad are not working
if i connect an external keyboard and pad with USB i can use the pad or a mouse but the Keyboard doesn't work,it maybe outdated or no drivers but the issue PC boots and i get stuck at log in which i can't type cause keyboard doesn't work ,so do you guys know a way of getting it going?,thanks in advance

frank55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #2
The Candyman

Default Re: Laptop Asus x550c the keyboard and touch pad are not working

The only thing I can offer is to use another computer and download a piece of software called Lazysoft Recovery Suite. What this software will do is allow you to bypass the log-in password, but you'll have to burn it to a cd/dvd on another computer to use on the laptop.

Lazesoft Recovery Suite - Windows Recovery, Password Recovery, Data Recovery, System Recovery for Windows XP VISTA 7 8 10 2003 2008 2012 2016, Free for Home User

Now once you bypass the password on the laptop and log into windows. Use you're internet and go to the manufacture's web site and download the drivers for your keyboard and touch pad and re-install them.

Hope that helps....other than that, I can't think of any other way to fix your issue.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mr mixx~ View Post
The only thing I can offer is to use another computer and download a piece of software called Lazysoft Recovery Suite. What this software will do is allow you to bypass the log-in password, but you'll have to burn it to a cd/dvd on another computer to use on the laptop.

Lazesoft Recovery Suite - Windows Recovery, Password Recovery, Data Recovery, System Recovery for Windows XP VISTA 7 8 10 2003 2008 2012 2016, Free for Home User

Now once you bypass the password on the laptop and log into windows. Use you're internet and go to the manufacture's web site and download the drivers for your keyboard and touch pad and re-install them.

Hope that helps....other than that, I can't think of any other way to fix your issue.

thanks mr mixx: after much grief with this Laptop i've finely got it running like new.
i 've downloaded Microsoft download tool and made a Win8 ISO and burned it to a DVD and went to see if i could repair system,repair/refresh/restore but never could never do it due to existing corrupted files in the existing OPS,but after trying all means on the Repair,restore,i gave up and went with full install way which was a success,thanks for all your support.
frank55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #4
The Candyman

Glad you got it working....Yeah, sometimes when all else fails, you just got to bite the bullet and do a full re-install of the OS.