Keyboard problem when booting. [PLEASE HELP!]

The CPU shouldn't affect the keyboard working in the BIOS, unless the motherboard truly has gone south and those were just coincidental. I would be willing to bet that if you change the CPU back it still won't work, but then again, this is a computer so stranger things have happened. Do you have two machines? One that you could test each individual part in to ensure it's working to narrow the faulty hardware to a bad motherboard?

yeah i didn't think the CPU would be anything to do with it but i was actually testing the cpu because i wanted to sell it, and i chaged it back and becasue when the hardware changes you get the continue crap.
no i don't im afraid, i have loads where i am now but my computers at home and i don't have the ability to do so. i will be going home in an hour or so and im hoping to of found away arround this. before i get back or else im in the dark. i was wondering, do you think if i used a wireless keyboard that the usb's should still be powered and maybe it might work. bit of a long shot but that's all i have at the minute.

If it's failing to load the USB controllers initially, a wireless keyboard would only be more complicated to initialize, but then again stranger things have happened.

no harm done i suppose. what about if i connected the keyboard to a pci usb card?
still barking up the wrong tree?

Well the motherboard initializes the hardware on bootup and that's a separate controller, so it seems plausible that going that route may solve the issue.

ok thanks, i guess it's my best chance. unless you have any other ideas?

well goin 4 that, i will let you know what happens

Back
Top Bottom