Keeps rebooting no icons come up.

joeeye

Solid State Member
I have an old desk top Windows 2000 NT computer.

When I turn it on it goes thru the motion on turning on, but just before it's to show the desk top the screen does not show icons and hangs there.

then it times out and reboots and does it all over again.

I don 't have a disc to load back onto it because a friend gave me the unit, so I'm the end user dead in the water.

Anybody know how I can get a disc and to load it onto the system to do one of those patches.

thanks, Joe

I have an old desk top Windows 2000 NT computer.
When I turn it on it goes thru the motion on turning on, but just before it's to show the desk top the screen does not show icons and hangs there.

then it times out and reboots and does it all over again.

I don 't have a disc to load back onto it because a friend gave me the unit, so I'm the end user dead in the water.

Anybody know how I can get a disc and to load it onto the system to do one of those patches.

thanks, Joe

Can you boot up to safe mode ? and if so, once you are in safe mode, then i would try this: i'm not familiar with windows 2000, but try this, rightclick your my computer icon and scroll down to properties, then click the advanced tab, where it say's startup & recovery click the settings button , then just uncheck the the box that says restart. that should do it.

Just an update: if you boot up your computer , and windows loads but there are no icons...just the desktop backgroung, try this:

click ctrl + alt + delete , when task manager window pops up, click file / scroll down to new task / click the browse button / then go to windows folder and find the explorer.exe file and double click it. then hit run, it should bring up all the icons and your ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom