Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Keeping paid programs but reimaging a computer

Currently i have a computer issued from my school(a Dell latitude running vista). The school has given us several programs and most valuable being Microsoft office 2010. At the end of this school year the contract from Dell will expire so they are upgrading to macbook airs and selling the Dells. In the selling process they will be re installing windows without the programs giving out individual profiles admin rights and removing all the good stuff. Any ideas how i could save it so that i could get the programs back after they install a new image on it? my first thought was backing it up to an external hard drive but i am unsure how that would help me out. Thanks.

Rchampagne93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: Keeping paid programs but reimaging a computer

You can't. You can not "backup" or move programs once they are installed. Plus it would be illegal and therefore you can not discuss it on these forums.
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote

new image