Kaspersky and AVG Pro

carl777

Beta member
Dear fellow computer users,

I am not very literate in computers. Just the basics. But I purchesed a 65.00 Kaspersky 2011 not too long ago, maybe 5 months or so. And it works very well on the Laptop, but on my desktop, DELL Inspiron 530, with Vista, it seems to have issues. Like when I run a FULL scan it stops and even made it where I could not even log in, so had to take it in. And my ISP is 50 mbps download and the computer seems to knock it off line a few times. ANd a speed test is showing 320 and 210 and such for mbps download and 3 upload. That is totally crazy. The connection is a hard connection through a modem from the cable company. So is it Kaspersky maybe causing this? Or would you all suggest going back to AVG Pro?

Thank you all so much and have a great Thanksgiving.

Carl L

There is only one way to find out. Uninstall and see if things are different. If so then yes something in the software was the issue, if not then no it's not the software and we can trouble shoot further.

You could also check and make sure all your network adapter driver are up to date. I also know that all of Internet Security programs monitor network traffic so it installs a driver to do this.

dear carl
I have a kaspersky and I did a full scan lately, to some extent I faced the same problem , stops , not responding this because kasper take much of the cpu capacity , it lasts for 3 hours , may you can do it when you don't have work in computer , Scan is important for your safety.
there is an other option which is (scan critical areas) this is fast and scans only important parts on your computer .

Back
Top Bottom