kannst du mich helfen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spankythedog

Solid State Member
Ive got an old pc that has a screwy os and needs to be reinstalled. how do i find a copy of windows 95 or 98? keep in mind this pc has 16 mb ram and 1.6 g of rom.

lol, with this stats u wont get wondows on ur pc ... try DOS or Unix ... or win 3.1 ... win 95 or 98 wont work i think and if they will, then very very slowly

spankythedog said:
Ive got an old pc that has a screwy os and needs to be reinstalled. how do i find a copy of windows 95 or 98? keep in mind this pc has 16 mb ram and 1.6 g of rom.
We might need a little more info, At what process speed is this comp. of your's ? i would start by upgrading the ram 1st. As for getting a copy of win 95 or 98. I would just borrow one the install cd's from a friend.

the system originally came installed with windows 95 and you cant upgrade shit, lol. everything is onboard except for the hard drive. I just want it for the joy of having my very first pos pc working. 180 mhz proscessor bye the way. I was going to see if my step moms old compaq had compatible ram but on observing the pc without case even the ram is onboard on my pc. Ive got a really nice athlon xp 2900 pc with a gig of ram that I built (soon to be athlon 64 3500+). having a nice pc isnt an issue. getting my old friend well again is. Ive got fond memories of playing doom, simcity, and listening to foo fighters while playing minesweeper on that pc.

If everything is on board, then you really can't do much for it exept for maybe finding a program that will tweak the crap of of it to get it working smooth enough to play games.

I used to have a free program on my girls laptop, and it tweaked the crap out of everything, it made a 233mhz prossesor screaming fast.

But at that time there was no such thing as CD burner's, so I lost the program when the laptop got sold, but if i can only find that again on the net.

All i can remember is that it was called X-(something)

that PC will run windows 98 just fine, as well as some of the older DOS based games that you can buy ni the sold out range (you know the ones in the white cases that are 3 for a tenner)...

I know this because my first wnidows 95 computer was a p75 with 8mb of Ram and it ran just about everything I wanted just fine,

~mr mixx~ said:
If everything is on board, then you really can't do much for it exept for maybe finding a program that will tweak the crap of of it to get it working smooth enough to play games.

I used to have a free program on my girls laptop, and it tweaked the crap out of everything, it made a 233mhz prossesor screaming fast.

But at that time there was no such thing as CD burner's, so I lost the program when the laptop got sold, but if i can only find that again on the net.

All i can remember is that it was called X-(something)

X-teq perhaps???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom