Java - Version 6 Update 18

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Every time I try to run Java it crashes after less than 5 minutes. Before I reinstalled Win7, Java was running fine, however, I don't think I had this latest version. Is anyone having the same problem as me? Has anyone got any ideas on what I should do to fix this? I've tried 32-bit, 32-bit + 64-bit add-on (x86), and 64-bit add-on by itself. Nothing works.

I haven't heard of any such bugs yet, but from memory update 18 did change something along the lines of windows 7 support (I'm pretty sure it was meant to improve it though!) Can you try reverting to see if this is the issue?

Hey, I tried installing Java Version 6 Update 18 yesterday, I'm using Windows 7 but i got a few minutes into the installation and my computer crashed, I tried installing it again and it did the same. Does anyone know why it won't work?

Thanx

I have an update: It's not only Java crashing. Shockwave Flash also crashes pretty quickly, on Mozilla and on Google Chrome. This has to be an issue with Windows.

Back
Top Bottom