iTunes Disc Burning Help

xereeto

Beta member
Hi,

I have about six albums worth of music from one artist totalling around 550MB. I figured that since a CD can hold up to 700MB, I could burn the whole compilation to one CD. So I created a playlist in iTunes with all the albums in the order I wanted them and clicked "Burn playlist to disc." I set the silence between tracks to 0 seconds because it's all Pink Floyd music and if you have ever listened to Pink Floyd, you'll know that the tracks flow continuously as if the whole album is one song. Content with my arrangement and confident it would work, I hit burn, only to be told it would not fit on one CD. Why is that, when the whole playlist is 550MB and a single CD can hold 700? Is it to do with the time (4h30m) instead of the data? If I burned an MP3 CD instead, would it work and would it play on a car CD player?

tl;dr Why won't 550MB of music fit on one 700MB CD?

Thank you for your help,

-- Matthew

It won't fit because your mp3s are being converted to CD tracks so they will play on any normal CD player. If your car stereo supports mp3 CD playback it should say so in the documentation and probably has "mp3" printed somewhere on the faceplate. The only other thing I can think to do is to reduce the sample rate, however the sound quality will suffer if you do that.

you can still burn these files, just use special burning software and burn an mp3 CD with that. iTunes can't help you with that but you can get the whole collection on one CD

here's a website that can help you a lot how to burn a cd

Last edited:
Using Nero, you can burn these types of files. Either from the MP3 CD option or the Data CD option.

Back
Top Bottom