issuses w/ preview sleep monitor not coming back on?

stevethebrain

In Runtime
having issuses w/ preview sleep in windows7.

When I step away from my work station, I like to preview sleep w/ blank screen I right click desktop personalize then screen saver PC is then at a sleep mode w/ blank screen.

when I come back I usalley just move the wireless mouse and the PC wakes up now it is'nt waking up I'm forced to turn of my montior (Samsung 27" TV)
it never did this before after about a years use.
the sleep is usalley set at 3 minutes however I'm moved it up to 10 minutes and it still is malfunctioning.

Please advice.
Thanks STB

Try updating your video card drivers. I've read that out-dated video card drivers will disable the ports themselves and not automatically re-enable them as they should when the PC comes out of standby.

If that doesn't work, I would disable "Hybrid" Sleep through the advanced power options. This feature has caused some very strange issues that I can't explain at my work place.

Try updating your video card drivers. I've read that out-dated video card drivers will disable the ports themselves and not automatically re-enable them as they should when the PC comes out of standby.

If that doesn't work, I would disable "Hybrid" Sleep through the advanced power options. This feature has caused some very strange issues that I can't explain at my work place.
I use a Lap Top plugged into my Samsung TV as a work station not sure if my LT has a video card?

I have never updated drivers
do I have to go to the manufactors surport page to update these drivers?

edit I do have automatic updates turned on w/ my home theater PC and usalley leave it on or in sleep and I hear it turn on around 3:00am I'm thinking this is when the updates take place, w/ the LT I turn it off so I'm not sure if it's atuo updating, I usalley see the updates being forced when I turn off the LT.
Thanks STB

Back
Top Bottom