Issues with PC after WinXP re-install..

ChestRockwell

Beta member
I just completely wiped my PC recently. Re-installed Windows XP home edition, only difference is I also had service pack 3 this time which with my last install I had not bothered to install yet and just had SP2. Anyways most things work well enough, internet runs fast, etc. However, a few issues came up when trying to play a few games. These are games that before the re-installation worked fine on my PC. To be specific, the two games are Neverwinter Nights and Jedi Academy.

Anyways, these games just aren't working like they used to. Jedi Academy gives me the "OpenGL" error, and NWN runs much much slower than it used to. At first I thought maybe my games were messed up, but two different games having problems leads me to the PC. A friend of mine who works with computers did a complete hardware scan and none of the hardware has gone bad, so there isn't any problems there. I figure then this issue must be fixable somehow, after all it is the same PC as before, just with an upgraded winxp package.

My pc specs are as follows:
Dell PC,Intel pentium 4, 2.53ghz processor
1gb of ram
video card size:64 mb
directx 9.0c
graphic card: Intel 28245G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphic controller
WinXP home edition SP3

I know I have a crappy video card and my ram isn't as high as I'd like it to be, but these games worked fine when I only had 256mb of ram. I upgraded to 1gb a while ago and they worked even better. I know I can't play newer games or anything like that, but I'd at least like to be able to do all the things I could before I re-installed Windows. As I said, it is the same PC, just days ago these games were working fine. I know I do need to upgrade eventually, but as of right now I have to make do.

I've already made sure all my drivers are up to date, etc. and my directx is up to date, so that is all taken care of. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Try running Microsoft Update. By the way, nice user name. Was Dirk Diggler already taken?

You may have done this too, but have you reinstalled the games and applied the latest game patches?

Back
Top Bottom