Internet explorer add-on installer keeps popping up.

tmorales509

Solid State Member
So everytime my aunt starts up Aol(I know i tell her not to use aol but she just cant get rid of it, lol) a box pops up saying "Windows needs your permission to continue, if you started this action, cotinue" When i press continue it ask if i want to install this software "Adobe flash player" which is already installed and working correctly, even if i press yes, it will install then next time we start aol it will do the same thing. Does not happen anywhere else(I.E. or firefox) just in aol. I tried a couple things like registry cleaners, malwarebytes and hijackthis so far with no luck. Any way to fix this? Also tried uninstalling flash and reinstalling manually with no luck.

The AOL site is installing a newer version of the add on for better viewing of their content and not leaving the cookie thing to say it's been done. Had it a few times from various sites but don't know AOL specifically because I'm not in the US but in IE you lower security settings in Tools > Options > Security ( or Control Panel > Internet Options > Security ) to automatically block add ons and then you get a bar across the top of the web pages asking politely if you would like to have this add on added on instead but your aunt can ignore this

Back
Top Bottom