Internet explorer 9 - tabs

phantasm72

Solid State Member
Im having issues with tabs on internet explorer.
They are there, and enabled, and I can click on the new tab button and a new tab opens up.
Issue is when I right click on a link, there is no option to open it in a new tab.
I havent updated anything or messed with any of the settings, so Im not sure what I did to have it become disabled, or what I need to do to get it going again...

I know its not exactly a fix, but if you highlight the link, and press the middle mouse button in (or scroll wheel in), the link will open in a new tab.

Are you on Windows 7/XP?

I have xp.
The middle mouse button doesnt have an affect with a highlighted link either....
grrr

That is odd...

If you always tend to open link in tabs, set the setting to 'A new tab in the current window', under 'Opens links from other programs in:'

That way, you bypass having to select to.

thats already selected. Im wanting to open several links off of one page (eg, I want to read 10 different threads off of this forum). I can either open 10 new explorers, or click the link and have to click back everytime...
Ive unistalled and reinstalled explorer and that hasnt fixed the problem either

If that is selected, then the tabs should open up, leaving the original one open whilst browsing, so you can then select whatever tab you want to access a specific page.

Disable "Always switch to a new tab" to allow this.

Again not a fix but a work around when clicking the links hold the CTRL button down on your keyboard, this opens the links in a new tab (or should do).

I think maybe your simplest solution will be to just re-install IE?

disable all your add ons

download firefox and try it with firefox, if firefox doesn't do it it means it's a third party software doing this.. atleast by downloading firefox we can see more of the problem...i know exactly what you mean, i myself have bookmarked youtube vids and i always open the whole bookmarked list to see if theirs any new vids out from my youtube favs, then open in multi tabs

Again not a fix but a work around when clicking the links hold the CTRL button down on your keyboard, this opens the links in a new tab (or should do).

I think maybe your simplest solution will be to just re-install IE?
I did try uninstalling, going back to IE8, which tabs didnt work in their either, then reinstalling, no dice...
but, the ctrl thing does work, so thanks for that. At least that will keep me sane until I can figure it out.

Is it possible a dll file or something has been corrupt??

I did try uninstalling, going back to IE8, which tabs didnt work in their either, then reinstalling, no dice...
but, the ctrl thing does work, so thanks for that. At least that will keep me sane until I can figure it out.

Is it possible a dll file or something has been corrupt??

yep .dll can do this problem.. a fix would be finding what Kane said in one of his previous posts, he uses a good program that fixes dll errors, not sure about the name but i'm sure looking at his previous post you'll see it :)

Back
Top Bottom