integrated webcam, sound and mic disappears

purge

Solid State Member
Hello,

Wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions. As the title says, I have a computer that has an integrated webcam, but twice now the webcam simply disappears, it cannot be detect and then I get no sound either. I then asked a friend to remote in and have a look, but he could hear the sound perfectly, but could not detect the webcam.

I does not sound like a driver problem and we are wondering if it is a loose cable from the monitor to the computer. The webcam is integrated on the monitor. Anyone have any ideas?

We have a windows 10 Operating system.

As a side note, we got the webcam and audio back last time from a system restore, but we can't keep doing this all the time.

Thanks

A system restore won't fix a loose wire so the fact that a system restore work eliminates the possibility of it being a loose wire. It sounds like it is a driver issue even though you don't think it is. I would look to see what was installed on the last update and then you can use the hide update tool to stop windows updating it again and overriding your drivers with one that does not work for that Hardware.
Then it's just a matter of reinstalling the drivers that were working before.
It also might be a good time to update your Hardware to some newer equipment.

Thanks for your solutions. I managed to find out what the problem was at first and it was down to a faulty USB cable to the webcam. It started to work and then failed again. In the end I just gave back the integrated monitor, couldnt take it anymore.

I suspect it was a driver issue, but it was just taking so long to get to the root cause of it

Back
Top Bottom