installing Ubutu

Blackjack, try running the verify on the install disk. Just to make sure that there isn't anything wrong with it. Busy Box is a smaller version of shell, which is a terminal. All of the things like cd, alias, bd, chdir, are commands.

Cheers!

Tried that and got the same response so I downloaded the iso of Kubuntu put it on a disc and it ran first time, im now trying to figure out how to change the network settings so I can get on-line, im using it through the trial on the CD but can not access the internet yet. I quit like it but Im going to have to do some reading up, the main thing now is to figure out how to change the network settings, I can get to them, then select admin mode to change things but t is very different to windows so I haven't got a clue any ideas?

That isn't entirely true. You can install any OS first. In this case you have Windows already installed. So the logical thing would be to install Ubuntu second. But I had Ubuntu, on a computer for a while, then I needed to install windows for a class, so I installed that second and it worked fine.

I suppose you`re right, I may have remembered that in an older version of Ubuntu you had to do the installing in this precise order (at least that`s what the tutorial I used then told me)

By the way, you have the same graphics card as me ^_^'

blackjack said:
Tried that and got the same response so I downloaded the iso of Kubuntu put it on a disc and it ran first time, im now trying to figure out how to change the network settings so I can get on-line, im using it through the trial on the CD but can not access the internet yet. I quit like it but Im going to have to do some reading up, the main thing now is to figure out how to change the network settings, I can get to them, then select admin mode to change things but t is very different to windows so I haven't got a clue any ideas?

First, tell us what kind of connection you have. Kubuntu is not recommended as GUI I would suggest XFCE (you can switch to it after you install) it`s a little bit harder to get used to it, but it`s faster.

Back
Top Bottom