im upgrading to vista, nervous.

I run Vista fine on my machine. Aero and all. I can run World of Warcraft at medium to high settings with resolution at 1440x900 (Widescreen=Godly) and run HL2 and COD2 to usually medium. The hardest part is getting graphics card drivers that don't blow. Nvidia has been working on them since the first beta and they still aren't very good.

The only issue I have is with the BF series. Battlefield 2 and 2142 don't like to cooperate as they run really crappy. My friend has a laptop with worse specs then my desktop and he runs them fine. It's just a matter if you get lucky or not.

As for the OS itself, it runs great. I haven't had any issues with it. It takes some getting used to, especially all of the warning message. But after that it's a solid OS.

haha, my laptop has a vista ready sticker when i got it it was really crappy in june 2006 it was 1.8ghz 512 ram and 60gb hd and whatever the video was it was built in but remember that was june 06 lol
yeah i guess it will work, worst case scenariio ill have to put low settings for gaming :( just like before i upgraded my comp it lagged so i had low settings, i really notice a difference in the qual. when i have it at highest settings. looks so much moe realistic. i guess ill miss these days of high qual. gaming, but im sure ill love vista even more!

haha, my laptop has a vista ready sticker when i got it it was really crappy in june 2006 it was 1.8ghz 512 ram and 60gb hd and whatever the video was it was built in but remember that was june 06 lol
yeah i guess it will work, worst case scenariio ill have to put low settings for gaming :( just like before i upgraded my comp it lagged so i had low settings, i really notice a difference in the qual. when i have it at highest settings. looks so much moe realistic. i guess ill miss these days of high qual. gaming, but im sure ill love vista even more!

yes, it did work and i can still run cs at highest settings perfectly fine, and the only known problem is that in any browser i use, i cant post a thread in cf i can only do quick reply. and im going to see how wc3 reign of chaos works on my comp. lol i kno chaos is *old* and i cant run aero on my gpu. idk if i cant but i cant find the setting to change it so i guess its not working on my card.

Back
Top Bottom