Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default I'm having trouble to install my webcam driver on my sony vaio vgn-cr508e.

I NEED HELP ON HOW SHOULD I GO ABOUT INSTALLING MY WEB-CAM DRIVER ON MY SONY VAIO VGN-CR508E WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE. 64 BIT OS. I GO TO THE WEB SITE: Sony eSupport - VGN-CR508E - Software Updates & Drivers AND CHOOSE MY OS FROM THE DROP DOWN OS MENU, AND THEN I CHOOSE TO DOWNLOAD THE: WebCam Companion® Software V 2.0.21.173 DRIVER FOR MY WEB CAM, BUT AS SOON AS I TRY INSTALLING IT, IT WOULD GIVE ME THIS MSG: THIS UPDATE CAN ONLY RUN ON MICROSOFT WINDOWS VISTA, SO MY 2ND OPTION WAS TO RIGHT CLICK, PROPERTIES, COMPATIBILITY, AND CHOOSE WINDOWS VISTA AND APPLY IT, SO I RUN THE DRIVER AGAIN AND IT LOOK LIKE IF IT ACTUALLY INSTALLED IT, BUT I NEVER SEE THE DRIVER MSG THAT THE DRIVER WAS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED. LIKE ON MY OTHER DRIVERS THAT IT DISPLAYS THAT THE DRIVER WAS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED, AND I TRY TO SEE IF THE WEB CAM WORKS BUT NOPE IT DOESN'T PLEASE HELP ME ANY ONE TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE!!!! I RAN OUT OF SOLUTIONS....

benk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #2
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: I'm having trouble to install my webcam driver on my sony vaio vgn-cr508e.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button > Control Panel > System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.* Find your webcam in the list, right click and select update driver. Point the wizard to the drivers you just downloaded.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: I'm having trouble to install my webcam driver on my sony vaio vgn-cr508e.

Thank you "atomic rooster" i now have web-cam 5***** rating!
benk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Good to hear it worked.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote