if you upgrade to Win 10 from a OEM Win 8 Computer be aware

Microsoft has only implemented this to prevent you using a product key on one of your own machines, on another PC as well, let's not for one second believe they're doing it to improve our experience, lol...

Well if push comes to a kick in the jewels, I have 7 home and pro with legit keys to go back to. Even got a copy of Vista home.

The thing that has got me confused is the licensing for this free Win 10 upgrade. When I do the upgrade, where is my license key for win 10? Or do I even have one? If I want to do a clean install of win 10, would I even be able to do so? I googled around on this before and the best I came up with was that MS says they intend for clean installs to be possible, but I don't see how.

The thing that has got me confused is the licensing for this free Win 10 upgrade. When I do the upgrade, where is my license key for win 10? Or do I even have one? If I want to do a clean install of win 10, would I even be able to do so? I googled around on this before and the best I came up with was that MS says they intend for clean installs to be possible, but I don't see how.

I'm assuming that your existing licence key in the BIOS is updated to a Windows 10 one, not too sure though :D

Used Speecy found the product key number but will not work to add features to Windows 8.1. So for some reason I will need to get the correct product key number.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

You can use this command from within Parted Magic to generate the product key:

hexdump -s 56-e '"MSDM key: " /29 "%s\n"'/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/MSDM

It works for me on Windows 8.1 every time.

Back
Top Bottom