IE8 will not remember the last window size after closing?

WhereBob

In Runtime
Not sure why but all of a sudden my Internet Explorer 8 is not remembering the last window pane size when I close it. I resize it to the size I want and close it but it always opens half screen vertically the next time. This just started about a week ago, before that no problems. Anyone know the fix?

Hold CTRL after you resize it and then close with upper right hand corner button. Reopen.

So I looked over the registry entries for IE and found nothing that straight up said Default Window Size, there is a Window Placement registry entry which I would imagine would have something to do with the window size. So, I renamed the registry entry and tested IE8 and it worked just fine, you can try this too as it should replace the registry entry with a new one. Go to Start and type regedit. Go to Current User > Software > Microsoft > Internet Explorer > Main. There you will find the Window Placement registry entry. Just rename it to REM_WindowPlacement and try again.

I just went in a reset IE settings to default under internet options "advanced tab" and now it works fine.

Thanks for all the replies

Back
Top Bottom