IE8 display issue

llatpoh76

Solid State Member
I am responsible for maintaining the company computers for a Real Estate company (which is funny since I have never taken any classes) and have run across an issue w/one of the 29 computers, that has me scratching my head. All are configured the same. OS = XP Pro, browser = IE8, anti-virus = AVG.
The problem w/this one computer (used by an office administrator) IE8 display overlaps on some sites but not all. When reading company e-mail (GoDaddy account) message header does not display properly, only the first 2 lines. She can't see who it came from or who's listed in the CC. It worked fine until a few months ago. The following steps have been taken.

Checked for updates
Used Compatibility view
Changed screen display settings
Uninstalled IE8 and reverted back to IE6
Cleared cookies, cache and history
After a couple days, reinstalled IE8

Would love to get her to use FireFox, however it is not compatible with 2 sites that are visited daily and it's hard to get people to switch that know very little about computers. Help!!

There are several Firefox extensions (or plugins, whatever you call them) that allow you to view pages in IE mode. Maybe you could test them out on the two sites and see if that works. Then comes the hard part, getting the user to try something new.

Back
Top Bottom