I think windows 10

Groove music, greyed out. That is the main one. microsoft Edge, greyed out. Cannot seem to find a way to shut them off or remove. Those are the main ones.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Groove music is the one messing with the videos. Thats the one trying to mess with the mp4 files app.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Daum has potplayer 64 bit. Thats the program i use for videos and Groove keeps trying to change the default app!

I said the Control Panel. Go to Programs > Turn Windows Features On or Off. Once there disable "Media features". That'll remove Windows Media Player and other things.

For Groove Music you'll have to use CCleaner. It has an uninstall feature that allows you to remove almost everything, including the Store and Xbox programs if you want. It doesn't let you remove Edge though, but Internet Explorer can be disabled the same way you disable the Media Features.

I know but you know how w 10 is... They do a lot of shit that i don't want them too! it took almost a hour to get net. framework 3.5 last night so i could put in my streets and trips software. Now another issue is because something changed i can"t get the monitor to shut down after 15 minites and I keep the computer on 24/7. It stayed on all last night. All the settings are correct but it won't let the monitor shut down. Working on that. Did i say, i hate windows 10 pro 64 bit??

The only application that reinstalls itself is Paint 3D. The others stay gone.

To force the screen to turn off, just lock it (Win+W).

PS: The reason to lock it is that no matter what it should tune off after 1 minute.

Last edited:
One issue still is happening. Everytime in the past including the android tablet when you first enter your password and email the Google Chrome will bring up your theme, bookmarks and saved passwords along with other savings. This last time it wouldn't do that. I have them on Windows 7 no problem but 10...no luck. any ideas other than find a way that can download to a cd or something.

Back
Top Bottom