I think windows 10

Dan, you could have used restore points to solve this irregularity problems. Then you can find out what was installed that started this mess.

Most likely it was one of the updates.

One of the things i didn't do was to set restore points. I will be doing that from now on. I thought it would do that automatically like w7 but...no....:confused: I thought it would do a restore point even if it was new windows upgrade but nope. I have looked at the settings and can't find the right box to check so i am doing them manually.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

one other thing. Before when i put google chrome in i would sign in and all my bookmarks and saved stuff would go right in. Not this time. There is no place to restore bookmarks as it was all on chrome. That sucks!!!

In my opinion, wiping the drive securely and reinstalling is the best way. Using restore points can take some time and may not even work. It's even easier to wipe a drive when you are dual-booting 2 Windows OSs. Also, a fresh start is always good. One should reinstall the OS periodically to keep everything in tip top condition.

Another issue with this new os is i keep getting these warnings:An app default was reset.
An app Caused a problem with the default app setting for .mp4, files, so it was reset for movies and tv. WTF??? I am playing a Microsoft game downloaded from there site! This keeps coming up and can't figure out what is going on. Damn w 10 anyway..

Well, here goes nothing for sure. I turned things off but some of them will not give the option of doing anything, (Grayed out). Am restarting and will see what happens. later

Well, here goes nothing for sure. I turned things off but some of them will not give the option of doing anything, (Grayed out). Am restarting and will see what happens. later
What things did you turn off? Maybe you can take screenshots. Right now I don't have Windows on any computer or I'd upload some myself.

Back
Top Bottom