I think windows 10

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
This week i started noticing a weird slowdown and speed-up showing up on windows 10. I use both duel drive 7 and 10. Windows 7 acts perfect. Nice and fast with no slowdowns at all. Windows 10 is doing the slowdown/speedup thing. I have looked at updates to see if there was any this week, no. Checked the rest and only GEforce has a update and that was yesterday. no change. I have run scans and nothing showing up. I know windows 10 can be A pita! This is outside the usual junk of the os. I figure if the windows 7 is working perfect then its not a hardware issue. If i am wrong let me know. Doesn't matter if i am on or off line at the time it does this. Am at a loss...

Maybe corrupted system files? Try running

Code:
sfc /scannow

As administrator.

You said you have run scans. What kind of scans?

Windows defender, glarys and malwarebytes i just tried that in admin and wouldn't work. I have gone thru a refresh to see if that works.

Try monitoring your resource usage during this slowdowns. Maybe there is some app on the background killing all your gainz.

Honestly I see no reason to dual-boot 10 and 7. If something is not compatible with 10, just stay with 7. There is no real difference between 10 and 7 other than the UI and maybe some cool things like automatic driver updates, but there is no reason not to do it manually. After all there are utilities for both Nvidia and AMD to do this that offer extra functionality so...

Games:eek: I have some that won't play on anything but 10:confused:

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I have some other games that won't play on 10 but will on 7

Microsoft games. There are a lot of them for free as well as X-Box. Won't work on anything but 8.1 or 10.:facepalm:

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I finally had enough of 10 so i took it out and put another new copy of 10Pro 64bit on it. So far that has fixed it. Only bad thing is everything has to be restored to the drive.:eek: Squrrey 10...:D

Back
Top Bottom