I think Live CD linux is a prison.

Windex1

In Runtime
It's hard and complex to get the internet working on any live cd.
I'm using Morphix now since i heard it's pretty good. Seems similar to apple. Ack!

But i can't get on the internet with this one either.. so annoying...

they don't detect my wirless internet card.

Why don't you just partition your hard drive? Or just get rid of windows altogether? Personally I don't like the whole live CD thing or whatever. I have seperate computers for everything. Maybe you might want to think to building a cheap computer for just messing about in Linux.

boy, you think they would include support for EVERY type of hardware imaginable.... sheesh. they can only put so much on one CD. try a standard network jack. Pretty much any live cd will handle that. It's hard to get some wireless devices to work even in some installed XP systems.
Give it a few years and it will probably be more common and thus more highly supported in the live cd's.

I can just put the CD in, and low-and-behold, when I boot, the internet is up.

It's actaully easier than Windows.

Well, if you think about it, with DVD-ROMs they could actually make the ISOs bigger. I don't know if that has occured to them or not. This would allow them to put more linux device drivers into their OS so when a person makes a live-dvd-cd they can use that instead of the weak 630 mb OS.

They do have versions of Linux like that. I know SuSe has one, and so does ArkLinux. They are huge iso's that are meant to be burned to a DVD.

anybody know where i can bittorrent this file?

I'm getting 35 KB a second for a 1332.8 MB file... that's goona take 8 hours more i've got 8%...

Anyone know of a quicker method to download SUSE Pro live-dvd?

Any bit torrents out there?

Back
Top Bottom