I spent all my bullets!!

Hi Root! Is this what I should see?? Is this all the tests I need to do!!This is on my laptop.
Thank you!!

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture49.JPG
    Capture49.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
When I hear stories like this I can't help but wonder we have a pc 6-7 years old over double the life of the average hard drive and what happens if all the issues occurred while in a problem series of hard drive sectors, something you can tell might be an issue if checkdisk took forever to complete, even though it wound up showing nothing wrong as you stated Gary. By the time the unit gets to the shop, no issue anymore because the drive has moved on.

Good information Rich! Thanks! I'm going to have another look at the PC when the senior has the time. I might test the hard drive with seatools. chkdsk didn't show bad sectors but what the hay? PC's are created to drive us crazy. I'm also thinking that by unplugging every thing, the caps discharged. I should have tried that, but the sfc scan scared me, and when back to factory failed also, I figured hardware!! Win some lose some. My price was fair.I never charge a senior. Maybe by hauling the tower around, hardware got better seated. I guess we can speculate till the cows come home and never know for sure! LOL
Gary!!

Exactly I am only guessing but it could be quite right. Do you remember how long the checkdisk you ran took and which version did you use. Also size of the hard drive because as I said earlier if we can tag this with a very long checkdisk, that usually indicates a dying hard drive.

Exactly I am only guessing but it could be quite right. Do you remember how long the checkdisk you ran took and which version did you use. Also size of the hard drive because as I said earlier if we can tag this with a very long checkdisk, that usually indicates a dying hard drive.
Hi Rich I used this to test the HDD. I didn't let it finish testing the free space and that was probably a mistake. I'm not sure how long I let it run. I really don't think the drive was the problem, but who knows!!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom