I need my OUTLOOK contacts and saved email if possible HELP!!!

gmcjetpilot

Baseband Member
I was having a boot problem... long story... but the DRIVE is now in another like computer as slave and all files are there. I am loading Win OFFICE into the computer, same one that was on the other computer.

HOW DO I GET THE FILES INTO THE NEW OFFICE (I did not export anything). Is there a way to just copy some key files or folders and get it up to the same config as the old OUTLOOK?

Thanks

UPDATE got what looks like contacts..... by importing PST files (I think that's the extension). No email....

I was having a boot problem... long story... but the DRIVE is now in another like computer as slave and all files are there. I am loading Win OFFICE into the computer, same one that was on the other computer. HOW DO I GET THE FILES INTO THE NEW OFFICE (I did not export anything). Is there a way to just copy some key files or folders and get it up to the same config as the old OUTLOOK? Thanks
cool stuff... keep up the good work man..... :D ..

Which operating system did your old computer have?[/QUOTE
Old win2000
New winXp
just a reminder it's not a new operating system. I am trying to use the new computer with xp just to look at the hard drive. I definitely want the original drive to go back into the machine, and run windows 2000. For now I'm just trying to access my email as a makeshift emergency deal. it's outlook 2003 on both of them.

Your outlook data should be stored in the following folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
and
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

You will want to use the run feature to access these folders as they are hidden.

All you need to copy is the PST (May be multiple if you archived your emails) and the NK2 in both of the locations Nathan mentioned. You do not need to hook the drive up as a slave. You can put it back in the old computer and run outlook. In Outlook you can see where your archives went and where your PSTs are if they're not in the default location. Go to account settings (probably under tools) then Data Files (maybe a tab.. maybe a button. Not sure for 2003)

Good luck!

-Q

All you need to copy is the PST (May be multiple if you archived your emails) and the NK2 in both of the locations Nathan mentioned. You do not need to hook the drive up as a slave. You can put it back in the old computer and run outlook. In Outlook you can see where your archives went and where your PSTs are if they're not in the default location. Go to account settings (probably under tools) then Data Files (maybe a tab.. maybe a button. Not sure for 2003)

Good luck!

-Q
The other computer is dead, the boot is corrupted on that drive. There's no putting the drive back, at least for now.

Alright, have you gotten the PST and NK2 from those default locations? How big was your PST and how many emails do you think you had?

Back
Top Bottom