I need help with Windows 10 & backup

laure

Solid State Member
I've been using a MacBook Pro for years and the last PC I had, had Windows XP installed and honestly, I don't remember a thing about the Windows O/S. So I need all the help I can get.

I just bought an 11.6" Nextbook Flexx 11 - Intel Quad Core 2-in-1 Windows 10 Tablet - 64GB.

I want to copy the Recovery Partition and “Create A Recovery Drive”. I think I should copy the Startup partition of my HDD and make a backup copy of my HDD.

What I've bought are 2 - 64GB microSD cards and I found a 4.0GB flash drive in a drawer that says it's got “LaunchU3.exe” installed on it. (I don't think I should have the LaunchU3.exe on the flash drive) I tried to format the flash drive and nothing happened)

I need to know if I have all I need to have in order to accomplish this project and I need step-by-step directions in order to do all this. I'm probably asking a lot, but I haven't been able to find anything on the internet to do all this. I can use all the help I can get. Thank you!

I think what you want to do is create a system recovery image. In windows 10 assuming you can use the sd cards you can use the backup and restore program. Just click start then type backup and click backup and restore (windows 7). Once you have backup and restore open click create a system image in the top left area. Then where it says on a hard disk select your micro sd card. THen just follow the prompts.

I haven't done a lot of reading about this tablet but it does seem that there is no way to easily reinstall it. Maybe this link will be helpful if only to show that others are having a similar problem.

Windows 10 Start-up Error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" - Microsoft Community

This problem can occur with most tablets as there is no cd/dvd player or "normal" usb ports fitted to them. You can get adaptors to convert from standard USB to micro USB but the tablet will have to be enabled to actually boot from that device.

I think what you want to do is create a system recovery image. In windows 10 assuming you can use the sd cards you can use the backup and restore program. Just click start then type backup and click backup and restore (windows 7). Once you have backup and restore open click create a system image in the top left area. Then where it says on a hard disk select your micro sd card. THen just follow the prompts.

mikee286 Thanks a lot, that helped! I was able to successfully create a system recovery image.:)

What if something happens to the boot sector of my HDD? Is that included in the the image I just did?

pete.i, Thanks for the link! :) I read all the posts and I'm glad I didn't buy a Nextbook Flexx that has Windows 8 on it and tried to update to Windows 10.
What you said is what I'm worried about.

I created a system image onto a 64GB microSD card, but after reading those posts on that link, I'm worried that if something happened to my operating system or the boot sector, I don't have any idea if this tablet would recognize my system image backup on the microSD card and be able to use it. I hope someone has an answer for this.

(1)What if something happens to the boot sector of my HDD? Is that included in the image I just did?

Along the same line, I would like to create a system repair disc, but the Netbook Flexx 11 doesn't have or use a CD/DVD burner to make a disc. So I tried using a USB flash drive and I tried using a 64GB microSD card but neither of them will work, because Windows doesn't recognizing the USB flash drive or the 64GB microSD card in place of a CD/DVD burner. So when I tried to create a system repair DISC, Windows said, “the system repair disc could not be created”. “Windows did not find a CD/DVD burner.”

I then tried to create a “Recovery Drive”, but when I try to create it, I get a message that says, “We can't create the recovery drive”. “A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.” (2)So I'm wondering why I can't create a recovery drive?

I would like to make a copy of the boot sector, but I don't think that's possible.
All I was able to do was make a System Image Backup. Since I got my Nextbook Flexx 11-Windows 10 tablet, a couple weeks ago, I want to be prepared for the worst problems down the road. That's why I'm trying to get what I need done right now while I still have a very clean operating system, with only a few installations, which are anti-virus anti-malware apps and the Google and Firefox browsers.

(3)Does anyone have any positive experience with this tablet as far as being able to recover from any problems or being able to rebuild the boot sector or restoring from a system Image backup that is on a microSD card? If not, I would appreciate it if MICROSOFT CORP would step up to the plate and post some help on this thread for myself and many others out there that has or will have a Nextbook Flexx 11-Windows 10.

I then tried to create a “Recovery Drive”, but when I try to create it, I get a message that says, “We can't create the recovery drive”. “A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.” (4)So I'm wondering why I can't create a recovery drive?

Last edited:
I highly recommend getting a USB OTG cable so you can plug in keyboard and mouse and flash drives. That seems like the only way to roll back in the OS gets completely wrecked.

Thanks, but I've got 2 USB ports in the keyboard and I also have a cable that converts a mini USB to a USB. The o/s says I can make a system repair disc, but it won't put it on the USB drive or the microSD card. Windows says I can make a recovery drive, but I get a message that says, “We can't create the recovery drive”. “A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.” (2)So I'm wondering why I can't create a recovery drive?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom