I Need Help With My Dell Laptop......

Krissy1000

Solid State Member
I have a Dell Inspiron model 8200...i have a wireless card..and i have comcast(which is our cable internet service in my home) with a wireless netgear modem..i cant seem to get my laptop wireless tho?? ive looked at all kinds of things and i cant get it to go wireless at all..can anyone help? thanks..

im not sure..can you help me look for that? this laptop should be detecting that theres internet here and should be able to connect..i just dont know how

Ive had this problem with my last two netgear routers. Well, not me personally, buy my moms dell laptop. Its terrible, their the cheapest routers that internet companies can buy so they give them out with their service.

Upgrade to a Linksys and all your problems will be solved. But in answer to you question, make sure your drivers are deleted and reinstalled to the most updated version, and make sure its turned on. If neither of those are it, I would suggest router problem .

What I would do Krissy is look into your control panel. See if you have anything with a question mark somewhere on any hardware if your wireless cardhas one update the drivers and then check to see if you can find your wireless connection.

AIM me if you neeed any more assistence: tapwater02

Also make sure that your IP settings under your wireless connection are set to automatically obtain the information.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > right click your wireless connection > in the middle of the screen scroll down to find TCP/IP and double click it > make sure both are set to automatically obtain your IP and DNS.

Back
Top Bottom