Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-29-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default I couldn’t remember my password

I installed MS Outlook on my laptop some weeks ago. 2 days ago, I changed my password for Outlook. Yesterday I wanted to read letters, but I couldn't enter to app, cause of it demanded from me password. I entered it, but it appeared wrong. I've no idea how to be, My mood tends to zero...

Old 03-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: I couldn’t remember my password

Does it fail on the site as well? If it does I'm sure MS has some sort of password recovery thingy you can follow to get a new password.

AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:12 PM   #3
Golden Master

You have a Google account? Google remembers your passwords. Look in the settings.

Oh, and welcome aboard.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:52 PM   #4
Beta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiramcdonald View Post
I installed MS Outlook on my laptop some weeks ago. 2 days ago, I changed my password for Outlook. Yesterday I wanted to read letters, but I couldn't enter to app, cause of it demanded from me password. I entered it, but it appeared wrong. I've no idea how to be, My mood tends to zero...
Resolution to recover pst password might be a way from Microsoft in the following or alternative variant I found out from search machine.

It is called Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password - https://outlookpassword.recoverytoolbox.com/

To open the .pst file, you must enter the correct password. Remember that .pst passwords are case-sensitive. Try to remember whether the password that you assigned used uppercase and lowercase letters and make sure that your CAPS LOCK key is not on.

Passwords cannot be reset or recovered if lost. Microsoft is not able to retrieve lost .pst passwords.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:26 AM   #5
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollgray View Post
Resolution to recover pst password might be a way from Microsoft in the following or alternative variant I found out from search machine.

It is called Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password - https://outlookpassword.recoverytoolbox.com/

To open the .pst file, you must enter the correct password. Remember that .pst passwords are case-sensitive. Try to remember whether the password that you assigned used uppercase and lowercase letters and make sure that your CAPS LOCK key is not on.

Passwords cannot be reset or recovered if lost. Microsoft is not able to retrieve lost .pst passwords.
Not entirely correct. I have done it in the past but by hell you don't half have to jump through hoops to get it sorted including irrefutable proof that you say you are who you are. I'm not critising MS. I'm all for thier security if you cannot remember your password and you haven't set a recovery strategy.......well tough I'm afraid. Bit like those who don't back up their important stuff and then complain when they lose it.