I cannot swipe anymore

ohdearme

Solid State Member
Not a great computer nerd and I believe that I have windows 10.

I uses to be able to swipe the pad on My Asus laptop, no longer. Have I done something wrong or switched something by mistake?

By the way, can I get rid of that windows photo that shows the date when I switch on? It's really ghastly and so annoying because it's not MINE!

Than you, Regards

Alan (Also known as Angry of Tunbridge Wells!)

Hello Biker Echo Thanks for replying so promptly, I downloaded windows 10 after I bought the Asus Laptop.
Best
Alan

I believe the driver that recognizes gestures on the trackpad wasn't optimized for windows 10.
So it ether got removed or is non functioning.

You need to update/install a newer version of the driver.
Can you tell me the laptops model? I'll find the driver for you.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Btw, the settings might just have been disabled for the gestures.
Go to mouse properties. Do you see a fan named synaptics? Or do you have a fan other than these:
Buttons, pointers, pointer options, wheel, hardware.
If so, an option to active the gestures might be in there.

Hello Biker Echo

Thanks for this, I find nothing in Mouse settings, although not experienced enough to know. My Asus is (a mouthful to come)X552CL-SX0(or O)47H-8GB
Best

Hello Biker Echo, hope your ok, I have been trying with this zip file, when it opens I see, update, disable3fun, install, SETUP, setup, setup TPdriver and uninstall.

I am afraid I do not know what to do.
Regards
Alan

Click on the setup file with an .exe extension.
Might be easier to find if you have your viewing mode set to "details". If so, click on the setup with "application" next to it.
Look at arrow 1. In this case you should click on windows 7 loader.

If you don't see your folder like the picture above, Click on the icon shown at arrow 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom