Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Hp mini 110 won't perform system update

Ok, one of the main reasons I signed up for this forum is because my hp mini won't update. The reason stated when I randomly came across the manual update section was that it doesn't have enough memory. I have 22 updates that will download when I turn the NetBook off and will try to finish when I start it. Most of the time, the updates will try to configure and fail and the computer will restart and try again. This will happen probably 3 times. The only programs I have on the hard drive are iTunes, anti virus and spotify. I have maybe 3 documents saved and no pictures, mp3s or any other files stored on the computer itself. I have a portable external hard drive that I store everything on. If any of you have any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Human5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Omnicide now.

Default Re: Hp mini 110 won't perform system update

That's weird. What OS? Can you give us the exact error? A picture or screenshot would be fine if it won't let you copy/paste the text. Just make sure it's readable.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

Also what type of Internet connection do you have ?
Core i7 3770K, Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3, Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, Corsair Series CX750w, Intel 320 Series SSD, WD Caviar Black 1TB, Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Blu Ray/DVD, Black Night Case, Saitek & Razer, Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64, ZA Antivirus + Firewall
*= WildCat =* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Can you download and install them without turning the computer off. Manually go to Windows updates and download them. If you still can't maybe you'll get a better error message that will provide some insight.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Beta Member

I'll have to mess with it tonight. When I first started having trouble downloading the updates I was at my shop and using wifi there and figured that was the culprit. I tried to update at my apartment using the wifi there and had no luck either. I have windows 7. It's just a major annoyance cause I have to wait around 20 or min before I go home for the updates to download and in the morning the sometimes it'll be around 30 or min for it to start up.
Human5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

I would def try to download them at home manual by visiting Windows Updates. If they still don't work, at the very least you can uncheck them and then tell Windows not to notify you again about them.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
In Runtime

Might want to download the updates desperately and update them seperate.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow
Might want to download the updates desperately and update them seperate.
Stupid auto spellcheck.

TheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote