Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default how to verifiy trim is enabled win7

Update installed new Samsung SSD 840EVO 120GB my observations so far
Bootup time is almost the same as the HDD I’m not receiving the full benfit of the SSD
Because my LT doe’snt surport SATA 6 however I have observed quicker browser navigation.

Not sure how to figure out want SATA speed the LT or the HTPC operates out.
I looked in BIOS did’nt see anything related to SATA 1,2,3 or 6
Here’s some specs on the LT.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371207,00.asp?tab=Specs

w/in performance Optimization I read if you’r current OS does not offer native trim support for SSD you can use Magician to optimize performance as needed.
My OS is Win7 home premium.

?1.I assume I activated trim w/ Magician? This is what I’ve attemped to verifiy trim is enabled.
In DOS I type this command “fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify”. And get this message“fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.
I also attemped to right click DOS promp for admin. Functions.unsucsessfull
Any tips on checking the status of trim is appreciated.
STB

Old 04-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: how to verifiy trim is enabled win7

Please work on how to word your questions. It's very difficult to decipher what you are asking as the grammar is terrible and you're all over the place in your thoughts.

To go down what I can understand and help you with. There is no SATA 6. Just SATA I, SATA II and SATA III. Their speeds were 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 Gb/s. Your laptop according to cnet is SATA 300, which would mean it's a SATA 2.

Acer Aspire 5742-7645 Specs - CNET

What happens if you run this?
fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

When you say "magician" what do you mean?

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #3
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Please work on how to word your questions. It's very difficult to decipher what you are asking as the grammar is terrible and you're all over the place in your thoughts.

To go down what I can understand and help you with. There is no SATA 6. Just SATA I, SATA II and SATA III. Their speeds were 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 Gb/s. Your laptop according to cnet is SATA 300, which would mean it's a SATA 2.

Acer Aspire 5742-7645 Specs - CNET

What happens if you run this?
fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

When you say "magician" what do you mean?
And get this message “fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.
magician is Samsung software that comes w/ there SSDs it's suposed to setup/configure the SSD.

Thanks for explaining SATA
Old 04-03-2014, 01:47 AM   #4
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethebrain View Post
And get this message
“fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.
magician is Samsung software that comes w/ there SSDs it's suposed to setup/configure the SSD.

You shouldn't need to configure the drive with software unless you are going to be putting it in a raid. Windows should just pick it up but you may need to install drivers of course..
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:57 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Update installed new Samsung SSD 840EVO 120GB my observations so far
Bootup time is almost the same as the HDD I’m not receiving the full benfit of the SSD
Because my LT doe’snt surport SATA 6 however I have observed quicker browser navigation.

Not sure how to figure out want SATA speed the LT or the HTPC operates out.
I looked in BIOS did’nt see anything related to SATA 1,2,3 or 6
Here’s some specs on the LT.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371207,00.asp?tab=Specs

w/in performance Optimization I read if you’r current OS does not offer native trim support for SSD you can use Magician to optimize performance as needed.
My OS is Win7 home premium.

?1.I assume I activated trim w/ Magician? This is what I’ve attemped to verifiy trim is enabled.
In DOS I type this command “fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify”. And get this message“fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.
I also attemped to right click DOS promp for admin. Functions.unsucsessfull
Any tips on checking the status of trim is appreciated.
STB
Quote:
And get this message “fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify” is not recongnized as an internal or external command.

I've edited both posts, removing all the font formating. It makes it even harder to read. Please just use the default font and size. It's set to default for a reason.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote