How to rid Microsoft Edge

jetsmell

In Runtime
After my computer is asleep and I log on I'll get a picture of a place on earth. It's interesting but I don't need to see an explanation of what I saw. It's an extra step that I don't want. The Task Manager is showing that it's Microsoft Edge. I checked the Programs to un-install but it's not there. How do I get rid of it?

Settings>personalization>lock screen>lockscreen drop down. just change it to picture...

EDIT: you can't really get rid of edge, not completely. it's like explorer was for windows 8 & earlier. It's baked into the operating system for a bunch of things, like search, or signing into wifi networks (think hotel/corporate ones where you have to log into something)

Last edited:
Explorer could still be disabled before. You would just loose the ability to do a few things, but it could be disabled nonetheless.

That's just a technicality. It doesn't matter anyways. The point is you shouldn't get rid of Edge. There are some ways to "uninstall" it though, such as this, but it's really not a good idea, seeing how your problem can be solved in a different way.

This is way you shouldn't try to guess the solution to a problem without really knowing what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom