how reduce size of WTV files then burn to DVD disc.

stevethebrain

In Runtime
I'd like to burn some WTV files (windows7 media center recorded TV) to a regular DVD however a 1 1/2 hour show is like 5GB just a little to big for a regular DVD.

any suggestions on how to reduce the size of the WTV file w/out lossing any picture or sound quaility?

also please suggest a software to edit out commercials on these same WTV files.

Thanks STB

Short of converting them to something like an MKV file (which will still be large) there is nothing you can do to compress a file without some kind of loss.

That said, some of the lower-quality recording settings in windows media center can still give good recording quality if you have a quality tuner.

OK cool I was planning on using MKV for all my blue ray rips

the procedure for ripping a BD disc. is simply insert BD disc then click make MKV.
1.how do I create a MKV from a non disc like a WTV file?

2.please suggest a software to edit out commercials.

W7MC has record quaility settings w/ analog or HD cable I'm currently using OTA antenna and it does'nt have these quaility option good, better best.

I have 2 TV tuners both Haupage 1600 PCI and the 950 USB I beleive there good quaility tuners however not the top of there line stuff.

Thanks STB

To compress WTV files to much smaller, the best method is to convert WTV to a format that is highly compressed.

I did a test by converting 144MB WTV files to AVI, WMV, MKV, H.264 MP4, QuickTime MOV and WebM using Bigasoft WTV Converter. I'd vote H.264 MPEG-4 as the winner for the smallest output file size as well as the second best output image quality among the compared video formats.

To burn DVD or edit with Windows Movie Maker, you can compress WTV by converting WTV to AVI or MPEG.

Here is a guide to compress WTV to MP4, AVI, MKV, MPEG, DVD, etc:
How to Convert WTV to MP4,AVI,MKV,DVD,etc to reduce WTV file Size? - TechiSky

Back
Top Bottom