How to play from speakers even headphones are connected?

postcd

Banned
Hello,

i do not wish to disconnect my head phones or jack 3,5" extension cable every time i want laptop to play from its internal speakers.

How can i do it under Windows 10 please?

-- unrelated issue 2 --
Also i am facing issue when my external keyboard's volume controller somehow lag and volume is maxed out while it appears like volume up button is pressed even i do not press it. If there is any easy convenient way to prevent this? PS i did not installed any keyb. drivers and when i had them installed issue was same.

As far as I know I don't think it's possible to have your laptop speakers play while the headphones are plugged in. So it looks like you might just have to un-plug them every time to get the internal speakers to play.

As far as your second question: You might try un-installing the drivers for it in Device Manager , and then un-plugging it, and plugging it back in, and letting the computer install the drivers again....It may fix it.

It depends on what sound card you have installed. Read the information that came with it or find it on the net.

It depends on what sound card you have installed. Read the information that came with it or find it on the net.
It is integrated in Lenovo Flex 2: "HD Audio, stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio v2, 1.5W x 2 / monaural or dual array microphone, combo audio/microphone jack", Realtek High definition Audio.
On Sound/Playback devices tab i see only "Reproductors" icon when head phones are plugged in, so no multiple "devices".

Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right. Click playback devices, a new window will pop up showing all the connect sound devices. Fine the one you want to play sound from and right click it then select set as default device.

Headphone jacks often have a built-in switch that tells the sound architecture that a jack is plugged in. Depending on the design of the hardware, this may or may not be a digital discrete which can be ignored as per @WEPblaster's post.

If not, then you'd have to modify your headphone jack to trick the system into thinking that there is nothing plugged in.

Go into the audio setup for the audio software and select to play through speakers when a jack is connected. I know where I is in Realtek HD audio but not your software so you just need to poke around and find it or use the help of the website for that system.

Yup. As technician said, if there is only a single playback device then the outputs are controlled by the audio driver itself, most probably in a different piece of software.

If your audio drivers are "Realtek," check your programs for a Realtek Control Panel or something similar, you might be able to select your speakers there.

This is hardware and software/driver specific.

You gotta play around with the settings and find out yourself, unless it is like the Realtek already spoken of earlier then you're lucky to have found someone with the same settings. This includes Windows' own Playback Devices. Who knows, the drivers might have added something there.

Back
Top Bottom