how to open rar files sandog

sandog

Beta member
hi all pleased to be chatting to you as the months go by. im basically stuck, im copletely new to the computer scene and need to know, if there are tutorials to open a rar file, put it on to usb stick, so i can put it on my sat receiver whitch is openbox s10 ive downloaded winrar and varios others but i can not seem to grasp this at all been like this for 2 weeks now please can someone explain to me in a easy way how i can do this im from the manchester area i support man utd im a mechanic by trade and always helping others once i learn the correct way to do this it will be easy for me thanx very much steve:lol:

hi all pleased to be chatting to you as the months go by. im basically stuck, im copletely new to the computer scene and need to know, if there are tutorials to open a rar file, put it on to usb stick, so i can put it on my sat receiver whitch is openbox s10 ive downloaded winrar and varios others but i can not seem to grasp this at all been like this for 2 weeks now please can someone explain to me in a easy way how i can do this im from the manchester area i support man utd im a mechanic by trade and always helping others once i learn the correct way to do this it will be easy for me thanx very much steve:lol:

If you want to extract a .RAR file, and I'm guessing you are. It's really easy. Just follow these steps:

1. Go to the WinRAR website and go to the download page (or just click this link WinRAR download and support: Download).
  2. Then download the correct version for your operating system its more than likely to be the first one.
  3. After the download has finished open the exe. (Should be something like 'wrar420.exe').
  4. Then just go through the installation process.
  5. After the install has finished go and find the file on your computer that you have downloaded and want to extract.
  6. Then just right click the file and click 'Extract Here'.
  7. That will then quickly extract the file and the files should all be in a folder.
That's how you extract something using WinRAR. Although the next time you want to extract it you will only need to go from step 5 to step 7 as WinRAR is already installed.

Now to copy that file to a USB flash drive is very simple.

1. Just right click the file that you have just extracted using WinRAR.
  2. Then click copy.
  3. Then go down to the Taskbar and click Start.
  4. Then click on My Computer.
  5. When in my computer click the USB drive.
  6. When the USB drive is open right click in any white space.
  7. Then click paste.
  8. It will then copy the file to the USB drive
Hope this is what you wanted and hope it helps.

well thankyou very much ashpash 21ive tried this and it worked like magic a bigbig thankyou to you for the reply i was getting nowhere at all so hat of to you mate

Glad I helped, as soon as you learn how to it will stick. Let me know if you need anymore help with anything and I will try my best.

Back
Top Bottom