How to manually configure a SSD

Windows 7 won't automatically configure everything unless it's installed originally on an SSD so you'd still need to do this all manually or use a tool.

I actually have the samsung magician on 2 of my laptops. I like it as it keeps me up to date on firmware for the drives. Usually with those messages there's a way to have it never pop up again if you click more details. That, or the simple option is to turn off user account control.

If I were in your shoes what I'd do is this:
1) Turn off User Account Control
2) Use Magician to set/reset all settings to optimize
3) If you want, turn system restore back on.

1) Turn off User Account Control
2) Use Magician to set/reset all settings to optimize
3) If you want, turn system restore back on.

This. Especially number 1. And as pointed out, there should be a way to just disable that message by either clicking more details or clicking the options about change notifications.

Windows 7 won't automatically configure everything unless it's installed originally on an SSD so you'd still need to do this all manually or use a tool.

I actually have the samsung magician on 2 of my laptops. I like it as it keeps me up to date on firmware for the drives. Usually with those messages there's a way to have it never pop up again if you click more details. That, or the simple option is to turn off user account control.

1) Turn off User Account Control I did this
2) Use Magician to set/reset all settings to optimize I did this
3) If you want, turn system restore back on. I did this
I'm liking the speed of the new SSD I just have to remember when I create a new folder to create in the new 1TB external HDD for storage.

also I think I'll Turn on User Account Control only when I down load something iffie.

Thanks good advice as usalle.

Back
Top Bottom