Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-07-2017, 05:40 AM   #1
kao
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 4
Default How to make folder view constant

Hello,

This may be a silly question but it's really important to me.
How to set 'folder view' to 'large icons' so that would not change whenever I rename the folder or move it to somewhere else?

I want it to look like this:


If I move or rename the main folder (where those other folders are contained) it becomes messy - some folders set their folder view to list and look like this:


so, how to make it always stay the option I set (in this case 'large icons')?
Maybe I need to make a certain setting or put some configuration file inside of the folder?

I look forward to hearing your answers, thank you!
__________________

kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:43 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
 
AMD_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Argentina
Posts: 606
Default Re: How to make folder view constant

You should select the view you like, find the options in the file explorer, and in one of the tabs it says "apply to all folders". I believe that makes your current view the default for all the other folders. I don't know if that applies to future folders, but it's a good start. This option is a bit confusing because sometimes it doesn't work perfectly, but that's the only way I know.
__________________

__________________
Code:
What is bravery, without a dash of recklessness!
AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:43 AM   #3
kao
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 4
Default Re: How to make folder view constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD_man View Post
You should select the view you like, find the options in the file explorer, and in one of the tabs it says "apply to all folders". I believe that makes your current view the default for all the other folders. I don't know if that applies to future folders, but it's a good start. This option is a bit confusing because sometimes it doesn't work perfectly, but that's the only way I know.
Do you mean this one?



I cannot do that, I just cant press the button.
Anyway, how does the PC knows its for that particular folder? Or does it apply it for ALL of the folders in the PC?
kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #4
Daemon Poster
 
AMD_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Argentina
Posts: 606
Default Re: How to make folder view constant

All the folders on the PC. I believe you have to make a change in that window to be able to apply to all. You can revert it afterwards. Just try changing something meaningless and apply, then change it back. I'm almost certain the view mode applies to all folders as well as the settings.

However, I believe that doesn't work for external devices like phones. As I said, it's kind of weird.
__________________
Code:
What is bravery, without a dash of recklessness!
AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:58 AM   #5
kao
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 4
Default Re: How to make folder view constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD_man View Post
All the folders on the PC. I believe you have to make a change in that window to be able to apply to all. You can revert it afterwards. Just try changing something meaningless and apply, then change it back. I'm almost certain the view mode applies to all folders as well as the settings.

However, I believe that doesn't work for external devices like phones. As I said, it's kind of weird.
What I actually wanna do here, is to have this constant view of folders set as LARGE VIEW in my USB stick. So I have got a particular folder which contains other folders, how do I copy the folder to my USB stick and make the view permanent so it would not change by itself no matter what?
kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #6
Daemon Poster
 
AMD_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Argentina
Posts: 606
Default Re: How to make folder view constant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kao View Post
What I actually wanna do here, is to have this constant view of folders set as LARGE VIEW in my USB stick. So I have got a particular folder which contains other folders, how do I copy the folder to my USB stick and make the view permanent so it would not change by itself no matter what?
Yes I understood your plan. I believe that's the best way. As I said, just select the view you like, go to the settings, make a silly change, and apply to all folders. That is the best way I know, but you could try this one:

https://superuser.com/questions/8724...vidual-folders

I never used it, but it may help you find a better approach.
__________________

__________________
Code:
What is bravery, without a dash of recklessness!
AMD_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0