how do i transfer copy my internet explorer bookmarks so i can reuse them?

rammstein42020

Beta member
Im deeply sorry for asking so many questions but im an idiot and this one is important. I have to do a factory restore on my computer and I want to be able to upload my current internet explorer bookmarks into the new windows bookmark folder. how do I go about doing that?

Even though i don't use IE, i believe you can go into settings in your browser and click on export of bookmarks and save it to your computer. Then copy them to a USB thumb drive.

When you do your factory restore, just open up IE and go into settings again and import your bookmarks from your USB thumb drive.

If you are switching browsers like Firefox it gives you the option to import bookmarks and the same with Chrome but I've never done it before.

Easy done with Chrome. Under the Customize and control Google, just hit the bookmarks tab. Easy as that. Never used Firefox though.

Go into C: drive then to user,double click user name,find the Favorites folder right click and copy.can be saved to a usb stick or web storage.With Chrome if you use the sign in option these settings will be saved.even if you format,they are always there.

Last edited:
Go into C: drive then to user,double click user name,find the Favorites folder right click and copy.can be saved to a usb stick or web storage.With Chrome if you use the sign in option these settings will be saved.even if you format,they are always there.

This.

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Favorites

Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\Favorites

Am I the only one that uses chrome simply because it auto-syncs my bookmarks and plugins as soon as I sign in on any device (phone/tablet/computer).

Never have to worry about this again.

Back
Top Bottom