Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Beta Member

Question how do i transfer copy my internet explorer bookmarks so i can reuse them?

Im deeply sorry for asking so many questions but im an idiot and this one is important. I have to do a factory restore on my computer and I want to be able to upload my current internet explorer bookmarks into the new windows bookmark folder. how do I go about doing that?

rammstein42020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
The Candyman

Default Re: how do i transfer copy my internet explorer bookmarks so i can reuse them?

Even though i don't use IE, i believe you can go into settings in your browser and click on export of bookmarks and save it to your computer. Then copy them to a USB thumb drive.

When you do your factory restore, just open up IE and go into settings again and import your bookmarks from your USB thumb drive.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Golden Master

Default Re: how do i transfer copy my internet explorer bookmarks so i can reuse them?

If you are switching browsers like Firefox it gives you the option to import bookmarks and the same with Chrome but I've never done it before.
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #4
Baseband Member

Easy done with Chrome. Under the Customize and control Google, just hit the bookmarks tab. Easy as that. Never used Firefox though.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #5
Baseband Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jazzo58

Go into C: drive then to user,double click user name,find the Favorites folder right click and copy.can be saved to a usb stick or web storage.With Chrome if you use the sign in option these settings will be saved.even if you format,they are always there.
jazzo58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzo58 View Post
Go into C: drive then to user,double click user name,find the Favorites folder right click and copy.can be saved to a usb stick or web storage.With Chrome if you use the sign in option these settings will be saved.even if you format,they are always there.
This.

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Favorites

Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\Favorites
Old 05-28-2014, 01:20 AM   #7
Baseband Member

I would import everything into Firefox and then use Firefox sync to save all of your bookmarks. Here is a link that explains how it is done https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...urce=inproduct . It has a video you can watch to learn more. I use that and it updates my browsers daily.
Randy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

Am I the only one that uses chrome simply because it auto-syncs my bookmarks and plugins as soon as I sign in on any device (phone/tablet/computer).

Never have to worry about this again.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post
Am I the only one that uses chrome simply because it auto-syncs my bookmarks and plugins as soon as I sign in on any device (phone/tablet/computer).

I swear by Chrome.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:06 AM   #10
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post

I use it too and for the same reason's.

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmarks, explorer, internet, internet explorer, restore