how do i recover files? sonewht lengthy but PLEASE help

Kilowatt

Beta member
Product Name: HP 2000 Notebook PC
Serial: 5CB14444KM
Windows 7

So I had lots of VERY important pics of my son and family on my computer just yesterday. I uploaded some new photos from my iphone, and they saved into my pictures folder along with all my other pics. Now all my pics were separated in folders by the date (by default). I didn't realize i could change that option and make it all one folder, so instead I dragged and dropped each one into one folder because I wanted to burn them to a disc, and also back them up on my flash drive. So, anyway, I dragged and dropped them into one folder, burned them to a disc, and put them on my flash drive without paying any attention. Well i was making a slideshow today of pics, and realized that the ONLY pics I have are the ones that I just uploaded last night and ALL the other pics I have are gone. I looked on my disc and my flash drive and the only pics on there are the ones I uploaded last night. Now, when I click on my pictures tab it opens two folders. One is the pics I uploaded last night, and the other folder simply has a date on it, so i click on that folder to open it, and it opens up another folder with a date, and so on and so on and i could do it a hundred times and it just opens folder after folder with no content, just another page with another folder and a date. Now, that all happened yesterday, and the day before yesterday Windows updated automatically. ( as normal), So when windows updates does it create restore points for me to restore back too? Or Where would my pics have gone? Or can I recover my files off of my hard drive? Sorry so lengthy I'm just stressing out because those are very important pictures to me and I can't recall anything wrong that I did for them to delete, or disappear. Thank you for your help, it is VERY much appreciated!!! p.s. i tried to go to system restore bit the farthest it goes back is today..

Last edited:
You could open a search and search the c drive. Type *.jpg to see if any recognized pictures come up.

Or you could download a recovery program like power data recovery and attempt to recover them.

Post back results.

Back
Top Bottom