How do I get rid of unisales and mystartsearch?

FixarPappan

Beta member
Hello!

I thought I was downloading something else. But now my computer has gone crazy. Ads pop up all the time, making it almost impossible to browse the internet. This is the same in Firefox and Internet Explorer. "Ads powered by unisalses" it says. And "mystartsearch" is set as the default browser. I have repeatedly changed this to Google, but it doesn't stick. I have tried to uninstall recent programs, but this didn't help. I installed Lavasoft Ad-Aware. This only meant that the computer sid it had no web connestion at all, so I had to uninstall Ad-Aware.

I have run out of ideas. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Also, please download hijackthis from here: Trend Micro HijackThis - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Please select the top option after installing. Then upload the results to us. It does not identify you personally, so there is no need to worry about it giving information you do not wish for us to have.

I am asking you to do this so that we can check for anything more that may be in your system.

Please do NOT remove anything unless instructed to do so.

We will look over your results, and decide what to do from there. Hijackthis is not an antimalware (anti virus) software, and thus should not be treated as one.

Good to hear! I am thinking that it would still binift you to upload a HTJ log, but that is just a final check for anything else.
Your opponents are programmers writing software for the general public, but against anyone who cares to beat them.

Back
Top Bottom