How do I change hard drive e: back to c:?

Digital Being

Solid State Member
Hello Im having a little difficulty trying to get my hard drive back to c:, I tried changing it by going into control panel/performance and maintainance/adminstrative tools/computer management on my windows xp but it wont allow me to change it back.

The reason why I need to change it back is because my Ipod wont recognize my hard drive because my Ipod hard drive is c: and my computers is e:.

I think this happened after I put a linux distro on my computer but got rid of it soon after. Would anyone know how to fix this problem?

Go into the adminsitrative tools and change this, otherwise change the letter of your ipod to Z: and change the windows installation tio C: No put the Ipod as what you wanted as. does this work?

Go Computer Management
to Drive Management
to Right click the drive and change drive letter and paths.

If you had installed XP to E: you can't change it. You would be asking XP to commit suicide and even XP isn't that dumb. You would have to reinstall it to C: and reinstall all the executable programs.

Yeh but surely that would work because windows will go with it and take change the drive letter for its self. Surely it wont commit suicide.

If you says so!! I am just telling you what happens. You don't have to believe me.

I tried changing the drive letter and paths but it said "windows cannot modify the drive letter of your system volume or boot volume". So I guess reinstalling windows is my last resort or I can simply do a systems restore and go back a month or two, hopefully that will work.

thanks

System restore sucks

And as for C: drive change, you will NEVER be able to changeit while running Windows

you might be able to use partition magic to rename the partitions. (dos boot magic)...

failing that the disk administrator program will be able to change the ipod hard drive from C: so that should help...

Back
Top Bottom