How to delete unwanted programs from running at "Start/Boot - Up"...???

oldave

Solid State Member
I am a newbie computer user and when I open the Task Manager I see all kinds of programs running in the background that I reallly don`t need, but cannot figure out how to delete or stop these from running when I start up my computer...
Is there another way to stop these programs without going into the Task Manager and "Stopping/Deleting" them there...???
I have heard of a "Start-Up" Menu, but I don`t know if this where I should go to eliminate these from running...???
***I don`t even know how to access this Start-up menu or where it is***
Thanks in advance for any help or info...
oldave...

Click the Start button and Type MSCONFIG in the Search Box and hit Enter. (If you are using XP, go to RUN and type MSCONFIG)

You will get System Configuration window. Click the Startup tab and uncheck all the programs or applications that you don't want to automatically load every time you use your PC.

Thankyou...Sahabcse

Thankyou for your reply and answer to my question...!!!
This has bugged me for some time and I didn`t understand the explanations I found doing searches...
Thanks again Sahabsce...

Also if you go to Mike Lin's Home Page download the .exe version open it there should be a startup monitor thats a little more advanced then the one Windows provides. It might help a little more

Back
Top Bottom