How to delete drop-down username in internet explorer

DUDE MAN

In Runtime
Can someone show me how to delete the drop-down username/sign-in name in Internet Explorer? For example: when logging into this forum, in the USERNAME box I just type D and the entire name (DUDE MAN) dropped down. I don't want that; how do I get rid of it? I don't want people using the same computer to know what my username is or what I've been doing online.

Sometimes we had to share the same computers at work which is not very private to do anything online when there's no more work to do.

At home I use Firefox and I was able to delete that just by going to Tools/Clear Private Data... How do I do that in IE? I tried Internet Options but it doesn't do what I wanted to do.

Oh, another question; can the IT person at the company that I work for know or can still find out what I've been doing online if I delete all the histories and cookies? Hehehe.... just curious. I don't do anything naughty; just going to online forums like this one and chat with people. Will they know what I'm typing?:D

Thx in advance. Any help is appreciated.

Go to Tools, Internet Options, then under the General Tab, click Delete Under Browsing History. After the window opens, click Delete All. That should resolve the problem.

Hi,

Even if you delete history, cookies, temporary internet files, there is always a way to find out what you are doing online, but with a bit difficulty. All the browsing information will be stored in hidden files like index.dat, which are even hard to find. For more information regarding this, you can check at:

http://www.techstudentsworld.com/GettingusedToWindows/ComputerRecordsAllActivities.aspx

Thanks for the link.:)

So, it's really not possible to delete history, cookies, and all those files? Is there a way to delete the index.dat files? Do you need to be admin to do this? Can an IT person access these files?:D

Back
Top Bottom