How can this be possible

iffy

In Runtime
My friend tells me that he upgraded his hdd, and after days so he installed an oem copy of windows xp on his system. This copy of xp is already installed on one of his other systems and although he expected the system to lock up 30 or so days later - it didn't! INSTEAD it became a legal copy that is verified genuine. I asked him why he didn't install the disk that came with the system, he said that he couldn't find it. On it was his Product Key as well.

The reason that the oem copy of windows xp installed fine and works now after 30 days is because it was probably an oem for the computer manufacturer.

OEM for those that don't know mean Original Equipment Manufacturer. This means that in terms of software, a company will buy software from them that only works on there hardware. This is different from a retail piece of software that will work on any system. Your friend probably bought the windows disk that worked specifically with his brand of computer. So that is another reason why it is working now.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom