how can i check if my graphics card is working?

sneaky1

Baseband Member
I have a dell xps 15 laptop. Windows 7 home.

I noticed recently that sometimes the computer freezes for a bit, then says the graphics card or display adapter failed and then recovered successfully.

Then i noticed that some programs don't work anymore such as garena and warcraft 3, like when i start it up, it just freezes and lags.

I checked device manager, and it shows no problems. I have gotten 2 blue screen of deaths.

What could be the problem and how can I fix this?

I don't think that's a problem with your graphics card, it could be your cpu or ram not working fully.

if so, what can I do to check if its the problem and fix it?

But how can you say that, if the programs that fail seem to require a graphics card.

if so, what can I do to check if its the problem and fix it?

But how can you say that, if the programs that fail seem to require a graphics card.

It just seems that the problems you described doesn't really look like a graphics card problem.

maybe the system is overheating? does the fan seem to be spinning correctly, can you give it a blow to get rid of the dust? maybe a small bit of wd40 to make it spin a bit better

You might be able to get some monitoring software for the graphics card. But it's probably part of the motherboard. Worth a shot

it may be a overheating issue.
But anyways how can I check exactly what is wrong?
Note: this is a laptop

So how do i check the fan?
and what monitoring software are you talking about?

It depends how much you know about the subject I wouldn't recommend taking it a part if you don't know what you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom