Hot/Cold imaging dynamic drives GPT

brianstoiber

Solid State Member
I am running into a problem that I hope someone here might be able to help me out on.

So far I really like the Acer w510 however there is 1 problem I am running into right now We are deploying about 20-30 of these tablets at a time and we have to install a lot of software on them. When we were using the Acer w500's we would use Acronis True Image to set 1 tablet up, take a image of it and then reimage all subsequent tablets so that they would all leave here setup exactly the same.

The problem I am running into now on the w510's (running Windows 8) is that I cannot find an imaging software that will do the job on these tablets. I know there has to be something that works because that is how they are made in the manufacturing process only on a larger scale. I just need to find a program that will work with dynamic disks that are GPT formatted. That or I could do a cold image but I would have to be able to boot off of an external DVD/CD drive. I also can't get that to work on these either even though I see the external drive in the BIOS. It just boots directly into Windows even when it is set up to boot off the External drive.

Any and all help would be greatly welcome.

Back
Top Bottom