Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Daemon Poster
Default Horrifying start-up

Today I have turned on my computer much like any other day; however, start up seemed unusually slow. It got to the point where I waited- literally 1/2 the day for certain programs to function properly. If I were to click on any program- like Google Chrome, Firefox, control panel, or even the basic "start" button for Windows 7, the computer would suddenly freeze up, and I am now unable to do anything what-so-ever. This is actually the first time I've ever had this problem on my computer... I struggled to do a Malwarebytes scan and it showed no infected files. I also struggled to open up Control panel in a desperate attempt at un-installing ANYTHING that I feel might be slowing my computer. Several times, I had to force-shut down and start over because of the severity of this recent freeze issue. I've uninstalled various programs that automatically run at start-up, hoping that it will run much faster without anything loading at start-up. In order to make this post, I had to use a different computer (a crappier and older one). I don't know if this thread belongs in the software section because I have absolutely no idea what the source of the problem is. If this belongs in another section, feel free to remove it.

My computer specifications are:

HP pavillion p6214y

Nvidia GeForce 9100 integrated graphics
300w PSU
AMD Anthlon II quad core
8GB of ram from an unknown manufacturer
1tb hard drive
genuine windows 7 home premium 64-bit

EDIT: The problem just stopped somehow, I still get some lags but it's MUCH more tolerable... WTF

A system restore point saved me.
Do not trifle with dragons, for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup
MetalOverlord76 is offline   Reply With Quote